From: Mike Donahue [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 10:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlds] Time for the creation of a server beta group?

Sorry if this has been raised before - but would it help the community if
Valve established a small (20-50) group of server owners for pretests of
updates under "real-world" conditions?  I'm not sure if it would be possible
to do so, i.e., server-only updates without client updates, or issues from
clients hopping from beta to real servers - but I don't know enough about
the actual programming ramifications.

I know there are people on this list willing to give their time/energy to
vetting out updates so that the larger masses are less impacted by them.

Anyway, just a thought.

Mike