[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
>Behalf Of Deadman Standing
>Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 11:03 AM
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: [SPAM] - RE: [hlds] Effect of SP2 on server browsing -
Bayesian Filter detected >spam

>The client connections of XP and 2000 deals with network shares
(windows client
>connections) not TCP/UDP connections. The HL server status is a udp
packet. Since UDP is >stateless there is no way to limit connections.
>Stateless protocols really never connect to an end point, they just
send packets.

Hi.. To this post and the other that mentions SMB connects... I'm not
referring to the historical 2000/XP limitation of 10 authenticated SMB
connections for Workstation/home/etc.

I'm referring specifically to the new modification introduced with SP2
(coincidentally timing right around the server browser issues) that
limits connections.  Its hard to find info on it, but I believe it is 10
TCP connections.  Does anyone know if the browse requests are udp or
tcp?

Mike