I may be way off track here, but if I understand what you are doing, you
started an HL server on a box with a connection to the Internet, and you did
not specify that it be a LAN server only. If your NAT setup allows outgoing
ports to be opened, then everyone in the outside world now has access to
your server. It's not a LAN server unless you tell it that it that it's a
LAN server (sv_lan 1, I think, or something like that). Is there something
about your config that should prevent this?

I have a NAT network run on XP Pro. All other machines in the LAN have
non-routable IPs. As most of you know, you cannot create rules of
forwarding
in client versions of WIN products without modification or programs.

I'm not sure what you mean about forwarding rules in client versions of WIN products, but you do not need to forward any ports to any machine to run an HL server. If the network config allows outgoing ports to be translated and opened (most NAT setups do), then you can probalby run multiple HL servers on every machine of the network so long as each hlds instance is assigned it's own unique port at startup. From the outside world, they access each server by the same IP address and the specific port that is exposed to the Internet.

I have lacked posting here as I thought it a fluke and forgot about it as
shut the servers down. The one thing I failed to do was look on the Master
List to see if my IP was there running at my public IP:27055 or whether or
not it was modified by the NAT function in XP Pro to a random port for
outgoing connections.

I'm about 99% sure that it was NATed to some other port number. It actually has to be, because that is what NAT does.