On Thursday 14 of October 2004 10:09, Alfred Reynolds wrote:

> The cause has yet to be found, no one has provided a useful reproduction
> case for this yet to help track it down.

It also happens to my players and my server very often. My server is set up on
Linux Debian with 2.4 kernel. And yes, I know this is a win list - I just
wanted to let you know this isn't platform specific bug.

As it happens in bursts (for example two-three times on a single map and then
it's steady for a couple of hours) I guess it could be related to player
joining. Maybe it's some kind of malformed packet sent at the time the player
is connecting to the server.

I was trying to pinpoint this problem for last 6 months but this action seems
so random sometimes. It's really hard to do so and the bug is so irritating.
I hope someone will come up with a solution in the near future.

I have been running AMX and AMX Mod X. Maybe it's releted to those products or
even metamod. I really can't say. The problem occurs on the client side so
the logs are useless - you have to experience this yourself to even see the
error message.

--
Martel Valgoerad   (a.k.a. Michal Minicki) | To err is human -- and to blame
alea.iacta.est | Martel --> [EMAIL PROTECTED] | it on a computer is even more