Did you add the maps to the mapcycle.txt or the maplist.txt?

If you added them to the maplist.txt it might just deny them but if you
added them to the mapcycle.txt then it should still rotate without a problem
  I will do some checking tomorrow as today I am busy as work.

Example
maplist.txt
de_dust
de_dust2
de_aztec
de_dust2

the 2 dust2's might cause an error in which case would deny the map entirely
  You should only need one instance of the map in the maplist.txt.
Basically this tells the server what maps are available.

mapcycle.txt
de_dust
de_dust2
de_aztec
de_dust2
cs_office
de_dust2
de_aztec

This rotation (or anything similar) should work as long as the map is placed
once inthe maplist.txt

Additionally:  If this works like some of the admin stuff from 1.6 then...
When we start getting custom maps and you would like to play them but don't
want them in the rotation they still need added to the maplist.txt.  This
tells the server that they are there and the admins or server attendies can
vote or change to the maps without changing the server's rotation.  Once we
get custom maps out I will test this theory if noone beats me too it.

Rich