The amount of bans we have been looking at will get to the stage of
10,000 PLUS records at the rate these STEAM_ID cheats keep joining our
servers.

Do the maths on 30 servers by 24 hours, within a week if you are
banning 1 hack per hour (Its worse than this so, I am understating the
figure by a lot here) you will have 5040 STEAM_ID's banned!

The real answer is for Valve to fix VAC and their STEAM_ID system and
release VAC updates once a week!

Doing that doesn't solve the problem entirely, but the biggest
deterent to cheating is knowing that you could be caught at anytime
and that the game creator is actively finding cheats and new methods
to detect them.

To be honest I don't think anybody who cheats gives a shit anymore
whether a server is VAC enabled or not. It doesn't do a damn thing!