Marcelo de Paula Bezerra wrote:

I second that.
I received a retail half-life 2 as a gift and would be more than happy
to upgrade it to silver.

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 23:56 -0600, List Keeper wrote:

Valve,

Please incluce a method to upgrade from the Bronze HL2 package to the Silver or
Gold in Steam where we can just pay the difference.  I accidently bought Bronze
for one of my accounts, and now I cannot play HL1:Source.

Instead of being able to upgrade I am shown this message:

Thank you!
You have already purchased Half-Life 2 on Steam. At present, only one HL2 offer
may be purchased per Steam account.

Its a guaranteed revenue stream - especially after Xmas (or even on Christmas day) Lots of people will be getting retail boxes as gifts and will be wanting to upgrade to at least silver.

I'll probably be one of the people wanting to upgrade too. :o)

*pokes Value in the ribs and tells them to get on with it* ;oD