hello... i  am a newbie CS : Source admin, trying to set up a dedicated
server on Windows 200.
I am having some trouble with the motd... I noticed on the GoGoGo
Speakeasy server they were able to display an image in the motd.. That
is sweet... I can't seem to edit the motd and have the changes take
effect at all.

This is a dedicated server install, no steam, etc.

My CS dedicated server is installed here:

C:\hl2\

It came with a motD here:

c:\hl2\cstrike\motd.txt

If I edit that file the default motd is still displayed no matter what.

I tried moving that file to the srcds.exe directory (C:\hl2\) and the
same thing happened.

Where does the motd need to be?

thanks in advance for any help. I searched the archives and I didn't see
this question answered, but there was other helpful stuff about motd.