I would say ask in the STEAM forums, but meh

This is the HLDS mail list, so nobody really cares.

Run through the usual STEAM and PC troubleshooting techniques

If you don't know what they are, odds are, thats half your problem,
since computers are inscrutable devices that need constant care and
attention, and the less you know, the more likely something will break
that you probably won't be able to fix easily. :)