Hackers:

1. Those that do it to be competitive for serveral reasons:

Poor connection, Poor Skill, Ego, CBF trying.

2. Those that do it to be disruptive

Don't know why people exist in this group, some people seriously have
far too much time on their hands.

3. Those that actually make their own hacks and want to test their
programming skill in a real world setting

Some people with far too much time on their hands, but at least you
can empathise as to the reasons why.

Group 1. is the most insidious, especially when they are doing it for
ego/lack of skill and are actually proficient at covering their tracks

Group 2. Is the most annoying from a server administrators point of
view as they generally draw the most attention to themselves and they
have the necessary tools to get back on a server quickly when an admin
steps in and STEAM_ID bans them or IP bans them

Group 3. Such a ridiculously small percentage of the player population
that if it wasn't for the fact they distribute their cheats, you could
easily ignore them. That is to say, if this was the only group of
people we had to worry about cheating on servers, then cheating would
be considered by most people as non-existent.