Lol, just run the HLDS gui and compare the cpu load between that and the
console version. The difference should be obvious especially if you
start dragging HLDS gui windows around on your display.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bud Ingram
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:06 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds] SRCDS - Console vs. GUI

Mr. Reynolds,

Is there any appreciable/performance difference (other than personal
preferance) with regard to running SRCDS with "-console" or letting it
default to GUI?  I know that several people have stated that "-console"
is
the way to go, but I wonder if VALVe's perspective is a bit different.

Thank you,

Bud Ingram