If you consider what goes through this list a "torrent", what do you
consider what goes through the SteamPowered forums? :-)

I would imagine that Valve has very strict rules governing who can post here
and what they can say. Most companies do, or at least once their lawyers
soak them for a million dollars for something some mouthy employee posts,
then they have such policies :)

I've been on this list for a couple of years, and we have seen several Valve
people come and go. For the most part we have received silence, and then
every now and then someone like you pops up and actually contributes to the
list, answers questions, and addresses issues. For a while. Then one day
they vanish, and we get nothing but silence for another six months. I
imagine most of us that have been around here for a while are 1) glad we get
what support we do get and 2) have lost a lot of respect for Valve because
of the many prolonged episodes of silence that we get. I think I speak for
most if not all of us when I say we are very gratefull for your presence
here, and all you contribute.

And don't forget - we are on the outside looking in, and all we know is what
you tell us. You might take for granted information that none of us have
access to. Maybe you aren't allowed to talk about things like how many
programmers you have, what they work on, what their plans are priorities
are, etc. Over the years we have discussed many problems here and we come
away from these discussions frustrated and angry because Valve won't tell us
what is going on.