I also prefer smaller servers.

But anyway.
The defaults should (and in this case propably are) always good for
the average user/server.

So if you are playing arround with all the performance settings you
can't suppose getting a 32slot server on a Pentium 1 with 10ms ping.

If u want to tune your server do it carefully and never forget
thinking about what you are doing!

I'm not a HLDS or CSSDS Server pro. But this is something generell .

What I know now (just talking about CSSDS) Please correct me if I'm wrong:
higher tickrate consumes more CPU time but results in more accurate
data sent to the client.
higher fps_max enables the server to render more frames a second. It's
just a cap. If your server can't do 350 frames increasing fps_max to
400 won't give you 400 frames. The more server fps the faster the
server replies will be (should affect scoreboard latency ?!?). I
haven't yet discovered a reasonable reason to set it lower than 1000.
Perhaps to decrease CPU usage....

On Apr 5, 2005 6:03 PM, Whisper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Personally I prefer smaller servers to larger servers
>
> Larger servers are to random and cheat havens cause they can be more
> difficult to spot.
>
> On Apr 6, 2005 1:55 AM, Napier, Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --
> > Have a question..
> >
> > Who really (most of the time) want's to play with only 16 people ?
> > If I read that right (and short of trying it out for the hell of it once in
> > december.. I've not run srcds), even a 3gig xeon can't run a 32 player cs
> > or dm without issues ?
> >
> > If that's true, that the realistic capping point for solid play on the
> > source engine is around 16 players, then that's pretty weak and sounds like
> > something that's not really going to be fixable in near term.  I don't see
> > how this is going to compete with the likes of say BF2 at 32-64 (granted at
> > about 3-4x the bandwidth).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
... black holes are where god divided by zero.