Steve, just because you have not directly spotted a cheater, does not mean
cheaters are not on your servers.  I find that only the most experienced
players really know how to look for aimbots, wallhacks, and the more
sophistocated cheats.  Anyone can spot the speed hack cheats.  If a group of
servers have a network of loyal players who they have known for a long time,
it is not difficult to find cheaters.

However these bans also include the people that I am far more concerned
about, namely those who have intentionally used various Valve flaws, and
shortcomings to crash servers.  Are you aware that many of the server admins
looked at the logs just before our servers crashed to see who just entered
it?  Often these were European players on North American servers, who used
ASCII characters, myg0t clan tags,  and/or often made comments just prior to
the server crashing?  Most of them had a total of 1-5 kills over the last 6
months.

Some of the bans I instituted were also related to repeated and personally
insulting language that went way beyond what was acceptable, and refused to
stop even if kicked or gagged.  Some of the bans were 100% proven by the
Mani plugin which records to a text file those issuing commands to crash the
server.

If you want to operate a forever ban-free server, it's your money.  Don't
preach to the rest of us who are trying to do the best we can, given the
limitations and poor support from Valve (no VAC-2, and damn few patches for
the bug ridden HL2-DM).  As I said before, if someone is wrongly banned, and
takes the time to contact a server admin, most will listen and unban them on
a trial basis.  If your answer was to buy a new game and Steam ID, instead
of communicating, again it is your money.

BTW, operating a "No Clans" club is just another version of a clan.  In this
case, a sanctimonious anti-clan club.