I went back to original cfg on the win32 version, and I got about 75 minutes
out of the server with 6 bots. I watched the console, and it was on the map
9mm. I didn't look at the map, but by watching the console it became
apparent that you could run off of the edge of something (or into a
trigger_hurt) and die easily. After a couple of minutes and 35 deaths of one
of the bots, the server crashed with FATAL ERROR (shutting down): ED_Alloc:
no free edicts. When you (or a bot) dies, you leave your corpse behind, and
I think that after a few minutes there were so many of these that it
exceeded the max entity limit and crashed the server. Can this max entity
limit be manipulated or increased short of recompiling the mod?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mebucko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com> Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2005 2:00 PM Subject: Re: [hlds] FATAL ERROR (shutting down): ED_Alloc: no free edicts

'ED_Alloc: no free edicts

Basically what this error is saying is that there are too many entities on
the map at once. Usually associated with too many monsters spawning, or
with
some mods, killing monsters out of sequence by using noclip etc. and not
staying on the given path killing monsters as you go.
<snip>