Probably been asked before and beaten to death - if so, perhaps someone
could point me at some info resources on this... But:

I have read what seems to be a reasonable model for determining the
bandwidth to player requirements - but I am wondering if anyone has captured
any info pertaining to the number of concurrent game servers running on a
single host.

Assuming a 100Mbps 2-hop connection to a primary pipe provider and, say, 80%
bandwidth utilization, it would seem that the theoretical maximum number of
concurrent SRCDS players would be in the order of 1600 give or take.  So,
using very simplistic arithmetic - I would arrive at a bandwidth constraint
of about 100 * 1.6 = 160 concurrent srcds instances on one link - assuming a
playerslot utilization of 60%.  So now, the question is, what kind of iron
would you need to support that number of concurrent games?

I know this can be an apples and oranges kind of a deal - but what have
various admins been able to achieve in terms of maximum concurrent games per
host with acceptable game play performance?

Where do you hit the wall?  Iron or bandwidth?

Maybe answers in this kind of format would help establish some baseline
uniformity:

Processor family and speed
# of Processors (btw, how responsive is SRCDS performance to multi
processors configs?)
Physical memory
OS
Fps and tickrate
Average playerslot utilization (how full are the games, approximately)

I would be very interested in the community's opinions regarding this
question (how much iron would it take?)

Back to the multi-processor item for a sec...

What impact does a dual processor config actually have on SRCDS performance
- and what kind of things can be done to take advantage of the extra horses?

Final question:  does anyone have any comments about the impact of popular
mods (say ManiAdmin)on host capacity and game performance, generally?

Cheers,
Frazer