haha, get over yourself. Not to mention take your own advice. (Even
though your statement made absolutely no sense. How exactly was my
pointing out that the MOTD is not the download banner portraying
myself as a valve product manager? heh.)

That aside, telling someone to use the MOTD when they're talking about
a banner that displays during the time that the client is loading
and/or downloading data makes about as much sense as telling someone
to chew their food carefully and thoroughly when they are asking which
wine might go well with the food they are going to prepare. One's kind
of related to the other, but they're not nearly the same thing. People
obviously want a banner during this period of time, just like they've
had for a long time in Valve's other product. And they're voicing that
desire. Your response was largely useless. It does nothing to address
the concern at hand. You obviously think your advice was golden, and
you're entitled to that opinion. It still had nothing to do with this
issue, and I fail to see why you had to get all pissy just because
someone pointed that fact out to you, heh.

Besides, you know as well as I do, and every other server admin here,
that nobody reads the motd. As soon as it appears, people hit enter
and get rid of it as soon as possible without even taking as much as a
glance at it. The banner during the loading stage, however, basically
has a captive audience and as someone mentioned serves at least one
very good purpose in their eyes. And I'm sure that same, or a very
similar, opinion is shared by many admins.

--
Clayton Macleod