-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Whisper
Sent: 12 May 2005 09:07
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Re: mp_showhitboxes

But that does not tell us how the different server and client variables
work, and how they interact with each other.
 And it maybe fine if EVERYTHING is left at default. But Valves defaults are
setup to cater for every conceivable person without being horribly broken.
 As soon as anything changes from default there is a flow on effect to many
other settings, and I for one do not wish to run my 10Mb Cable connection at
56K rates, it sort of defeats the purpose.
 Also Valves defaults do not take into account large player number servers
where, when the server is setup correctly and can handle the player load,
you can easily be downloading at > 10KB/s in an attempt to keep up. If you
didn't make changes to your setup you would get choke
 Oh well