What model Linksys? I had to enable loopback on my WRT54G, otherwise the
same thing happened to me. Also, are you connected to the Linksys via wired
or wireless? There is an issue with Linksys wireless connections in that if
you are behind the same router as the server and connecting via wireless,
you might not be able to connect to the server. I was never able to resolve
this directly. My fix was to connect a Netgear router to my Linksys and
disable DHCP on the Netgear. Then, I connect via wireless to the Netgear
which is connected to the Linksys. Then I was able to play on my server from
my wireless clients.

Ok,  got my server running behind the Linksys no problems.  Except when I
try to connect to it via my workstation
that has the game installed via Steam, I get disconnected from Steam.  I can
play on any other servers but not my own.  Anyone else seen this?