Actually I prefer that people top post.
 If I am following a conversation I will already be familiar with the
discussion, and I do not want to waste time scrolling through crap I've
already read.
 In any case, gmail is the best mail client I've found for dealing with this
sort of communication method. Until some tard decides to reply to the entire
digest.
 As they say, you can make something foolproof, you just cannot not make
something absolutely foolproof! :)