I may be wrong but, I believe that the HL/HL2 sends a header with the
server's IP address in it.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mikee
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 6:29 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] VALVe hide our sv_downloadurl paths!

How would you use the .htaccess to only allow folder access from a given
server IP, since it is basically a web url based access?

It is amazing what can be done with that file, so I don't doubt you.
Posting how to customize it for a given folder and server IP would be
handy...I'm just wondering if a player doesn't need to have their own player
IP to access it however...which would open it back up to everyone.