From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Yeti
Sent: Thu 6/9/2005 6:05 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] VALVe hide our sv_downloadurl paths!

For those of us running IIS:

ISAPI_Rewrite Lite from http://www.isapirewrite.com/

To block all requests not from our game-server, based on the referer tag, the
httpd.ini contains:
[ISAPI_Rewrite]
# Allow HL2 server only - block all others
# note: game server ip address must have a \ preceding each dot
RewriteCond Referer: (?!hl2:<game server ip address>).* [I,O]
RewriteRule (.*) . [F,I,O]

There is good technical support at:
http://www.helicontech.com/forum/display_forum_topics~ForumID~2.asp

Also, as we are running IIS 4.0 on NT4 we initially got an access violation
exception, which required a hotfix:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873401

As previously noted, anyone can spoof the referer so it wont stop all leeching,
but should stop others from using your sv_downloadurl, for now...

Hope this helps anyone too embarrased to admit to using IIS.

Yeti