>Username and password are no longer necessary when using the
>hldsupdatetool. Just make sure you use different folders for Source and
>HLDS stuff, and you should be ok.

Because of some strange reason I needed to put username and password.
I first was suggested to use a new folder not shared...I did it and I
didn't got the srcds, then I was suggested to run with username and
pass, I did it on same folder and more files arrived. I know it
shouldn't be necessary, I have also read in other forums, but I tried
both ways on clean folders and only with username and password the
srcds.exe file arrived...I have experienced it few hours ago.
Bye