> Is it active now and banning?

Yes, have a look at your logs

> When can we expect to have it loaded by default on HL1 servers?

The stickies in steampowered will tell you that they are not telling
people dates, however you will probably find that Alfred will give a
'server will needed to be updated' heads-up about it 2-4 hours before
it comes.

> Can we get a hint if it is working well, from valve?
> Numbers of bans/detections by now?

Again the stickies say this won't be disclosed. However I can tell you
that about 20 out of 1,000 people on my server since the update
haven't been let in since VAC2 went live. And you can make the
presumption that a lot of them have stopped trying to get into secure
servers now they are banned so won't show up in many logs.

Graham