leo,

I've gotten this response several times myself. Eventually, after
several tries, my server will connect and all is well.  I don't think
it's a problem on my end, rather connection-handling issues on Valve's end.

iceflatline

leo bounds wrote:

Why would I get a "Could not establish Connection to
Steam Servers - VAC Secure mode Disabled" message on
one of my source servers when I have another source
server on the same machine that downloads VAC and is
running secure mode with no problem ?

I've rebooted the css server with the problem 3 times
and it still says "Could not establish Connection to
Steam Servers - VAC Secure mode Disabled"