Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:35:59 -0400
From: Shawn Zipay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Roll back on client

FFS.  All I said was that x64 is not supported by Valve.  Meaning they
don't have to rollback anything for an operating system that they do not
officially support.  I know they are looking into 64 bit extentions, but
that does not mean they are officially offering technical support or
offering ANY promises that their product will work on that OS.  Post
about the problem, that's fine.  But to request a roll back for
everybody just because a few people are having problems?  No.  That is
the only point that I've made throughout this entire 'childish' back and
forth here in front of all.

This also isn't an issue about beta software.  Steam isn't in beta, it's
like in perpetual "gone gold" status since it's always being updated.
There will never be a finalized version of it and I'm sure most
everybody has accepted that by now.  My beta comment earlier was only
made to illustrate a point about how absurd it is to complain about beta
software when something goes wrong just as it's absurd to complain or
demand a rollback when something goes wrong with unsupported software.

Does that clear a bit up?