Alexander Kobbevik wrote:
> Thank you, Clayton.
>
> Im still open for suggestions how to make it happen on one line though.
> Running this for a weekend and then trying to analyze the log will give me a
> headace.

I would tend to say that standard windows scripting commands are a bit
basic, so I knocked up a batch file that uses a few GnuWin32 commands,
which are ports of GNU tools to windows:

@echo off

:loop

SET hostname=whateverhostyoulike

ping -n 1 %HOSTNAME% | grep timed

IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 (
gnudate
)
sleep 10
goto loop

So, this requires:

'grep' from the 'grep' package
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/grep.htm

'date' and 'sleep' from the 'coreutils' package (I renamed date.exe to
gnudate.exe so as not to conflict with the windows command)
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm

The dlls the above require.

I can send you a 902KB zip file with everything if you like.

John.

--
John Beranek                         To generalise is to be an idiot.
http://redux.org.uk/                                 -- William Blake