I just like to keep the community informed...
 btw... update info:
 A small update has just been released which will correct a Source engine
DirectX configuration problem. The <i>DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime</i> from
Microsoft is required. When launching a Source engine game on Steam, users
who don't have this latest version of DirectX will be directed to <a href="
http://www.microsoft.com/directx";>this page</a> to get the installer.