From: "Shane Robinett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 10:21 AM
Subject: [hlds] Bots causing memory read errors

We've been chasing down a crash problem since the last upgrades to
SRCDS.exe.  We are experiencing the same 'could not read memory'
errors
that many others have reported. Usually these errors were reported to
be
associated with BEETLE and MANI.

We upgraded MANI (we don't use BEETLE) and continued to have the
problem. It appeared to be related to bots on the system.

-

Reinstalled from scratch 30 SOURCE servers with no bots. --- 4 crashes
reported in 48 hours (normal).

Reinstalled from scratch 30 SOURCE servers with bots. --- 74 crashes
reported in 48 hours. - (bad)

Reinstalled from scratch 10 SOURCE servers with bots and MANI. -- 24
crashes reported in 48 hours. On par with just BOTS only.

System operating on dual XEON 2.6/2.8/3.0 GHZ machines all running
Windows2003.

Anyone else experiencing this problem to this degree?

-
Shane
PHXX.NET