From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 3:40 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds] DoDs mp_autokick 1 is dropping players after just 50secs
idle

And I'm trying to tell you that based on experimentation it is working in
conjunction with mp_autokick.

--Ozz

I didnt distort anything. I said the same thing as the what the cvar list
says, I just said it in my own words.

If it is reverting back to 65 after a map change, fine, it's a bug...I
was
saying it has nothing to do with mp_autokick and it still has nothing to
do
with mp_autokick. Two different functions for 2 different purposes.

sv_timeout is not based on keyboard strokes or movement input. It's based
on a net connection to that player. If you turned off mp_autokick, the
player could sit there afk all night long as long as their net connection
continues to send packaets to the server. But if that connection stops
sending packets to the server, this is when sv_timeout would kick in and
drop the player after the specified amount of time.

Dagok

Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:32 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds] DoDs mp_autokick 1 is dropping players after just
50secs
idle

You guys are distorting the definition for sv_timeout. Quoting the DoD
client cvar list (which includes server for obvious reasons) it states:

sv_timout, "65" <--- default, "After this many seconds without a message
from the client, the client is dropped"

I have experimented with what a 'message' is as a client, especially when
trying to do something while idle on a server. As long as I crouched or
shot my gun or jumped in the air every so often, i didn't get kicked. If
tried something like a voice_command bind, I got dropped.

Having experimented with the sv_timeout on Monday the 26th (everyone was
trying to adjust their video settings to gain fps, resulting in that
repetitive pause for 60+ seconds sometimes), I feel confident that like
Ricardo says, the sv_timeout value reverts back to the default after the
map
change, because I had extended the value via RCON ingame, and for that
map
only, people weren't dropping like flies.

Try my aforementioned fix (previous email) and see if it works.

--Ozz