ws ftp has an option to prevent it from writing new timestamps.

if you have a custom map on the server named the same as a normal
client map, you will run into this issue, as the client will load any
custom map it has first (which fails as above, if indeed that is the
problem), or it will load the default map (which is in fact different
anyway).

A better suggestion for your clients is that they remove their custom
maps which cause this issue, and re-download them. If your clients
have a cs_assult map in their custom maps folder, this is certainly a
good suggestion.