sv_maxunlag 150 should help those effects.  I have yet to experience a bad game
on a server where I ping over 100 (i usually ping 110-120 to these distant
servers) like CoJ and ESD (in germany).  I am in Delaware -East Coast USA- and
as far as I know CoJ is out west somewhere (i.e. Cali).  Either way, I play
with the default interp of .1 and I seem to play as well if not better at times
on these servers, without sacrificing any performance degredation (like those
past the corner shots) or video stutter.  I run from 40-90 fps on any given
server no matter what as well.

The maxunlag CVAR will prevent you (the broadband player within reasonable
distance @ 150 ms or better) from suffering the ill effects of high-pingers to
your game session.  I wish it was a standard default value to be honest.  It
would help bring everyone just oh-so-much-closer to a level playing field.

--Ozz