yea.. cuz i believe all of them would have to connect through another server
somwhere.. where with a valve dedicated server.. they connect straight to
you.. with like msn or anything its not a direct connection like that..

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:44 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds] A curious problem of connection to a dedicated server

Selon "Napier, Kevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'm gonna guess that it's possible that your provider only permits
traffic to
pass out of your DSLAM (ie only access the gateway address)

Thanx for your reply Kevin. Maybe I miss to say that other communication
as
ping, skype, or MSN are ok with my friend's computer. Is it reasonnable
that
this kind of probleme arise only with steam services ?