James McKenna wrote:

Lot's of assumptions made here. You guys are truly the elite. I'm 21
years
old, so "kid" probably isn't the best term for me. Furthermore, until I
changed the ports of my "whutdufuk.com" server, I was ranked #1 for hldm
servers by game-monitor.com. Regardless of the domain name, we still
managed
to pull the most popular dm server. Thanks for the kind words, Whisper.

I have followed the downloadurl guides. Probably why all my other custom
content off of my download url works perfectly. Egads! I missed a hlds
mailing list thread?! Probably because I try and skip over the idiot
comments posted by users like you, Whisper. I set these two sounds up
exactly the same as my other custom content, and yet they aren't working,
whereas the other content is. Perhaps I was looking for a refresher.
Something to point me in the right direction because I may have missed a
minor detail. Instead I was met with hostility. Great job.

I've been here for months now, Ray.

Normally I wouldn't come to this list for this kind of help, mainly
because
of the response one can already anticipate from you prodigy's.

I'll keep messing with it, and I'll refer back to prior posts and the
"wiki". It'll probably assist me more than the arrogant server guru's who
increase the size of their e-penis by putting those with actual questions
down.

Cheers.
--
Sincerely,

James McKenna

Proud owner of WhutDuFuK.com!

This may be to obvious but it totally kicked my butt when I first
started using the sv_downloadurl. Verify the files in your .res files
are in the proper case as in Dumb_map_noise.wav instead of
dumb_map_noise.wav. I found that allot of maps come with .res files that
have the files listed wrong and it will not download them from the
mirror if they are. I always make my own .res files now. Just a thought,
drove me nuts I tell ya.

Rob...