Ok, here is my problem. I have two computers, one that connects directly to
the internet and the other (the one that I mainly use) connects through it.
I am trying to set up a ds on my router and so far it works fine, I've
managed to get it to recognize its external ip address and it appears in the
server lists.

The problem I get is this: the ping shows up as "?" as does the map name.
The users shows as "0/0".

If I add the network ip address to the server lists, it works perfectly and
I can join. But, I want to set it up for myself and a few friends to join
over the net. Nobody but me can join.

Sv_lan is 0 btw...

I have gone through Steam's tech support pages and done all the stuff that
they suggest. I have even emailed the address in the hlds readme file.
None of this has helped. In fact, I think it has made it worse as before, I
could see the ping and the number of users allowed (still couldn't see the
map name or connect).

I tried it on a friend's pc with version 4.1.1.0 and it showed up perfectly
but gave me the message of lan server only local connections etc... blah
blah blah...
In this case, I couldn't get round it so I updated to the 4.1.1.1 standalone
server. This then gave me all of the above errors.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be a blessing.

Thanks,

Chris / Ishamael