[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
If it's a custom map you're trying to test, make sure you have all the needed
files, such as .wads etc.
Mine does the same thing if I am missing files, when just trying to play tfc.

From: "The Cave"
Subject: [hlds] Can't create TFC server
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:50:56 -0500
I run a dedicated tfc server on its own machine. To test maps before I put
them on the main server, I run tfc and "create server" from my computer (not
the server). This will no longer work. When I start the server it gets as far
as "Validating game Resources" and goes back to the tfc menu. Any ideas?
Thanks,
David