lol.. judgeing by there intro, i wouldn't doubt that its them.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Matthews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:10 PM
Subject: [hlds] Console Crashing Hacks

I own and operate the LANFusion gaming community.  We have 5 source
servers,
and in the past week have been experiencing many problems with the servers
going down.  At first I thought it was something to do w/ the admin mods,
however, I have traced it to a group of hackers.  Basically, one of these
guys comes into the servers, and starts using all the normal hacks (walls,
aim, you name it).  Then, when he knows he's been bagged (or about to be)
he
starts spamming text or music which tells people "Console hacks activated,
press console button to turn on" (or something to that point).  This gets
people in the server to press the console button, and when they do, their
HL2 program freezes.  This causes people in the server to time out, and if
enough do it, causes the server itself to have a memory read error.

Now these people are tricky, because not only can they make the server
crash, but they are using other peoples steam ids.  The only way I have
been
able to stop them is by banning the IP address from which they connected.
But they just change their IP address and come right back.  I searched
through my log files for the name and IP and found that one guy had
connected from the same IP with about 15 different STEAMIDs.  When i
searched the steamid's he had, I saw that those steamid's belonged to
other
people who were in the server at the time. I have no idea how he's masking
his actual steamid (or how he's stealing other peoples) but this is a real
problem.

One of my admins traced one of the guys back to a group called ICT or
'International Coding Team' (* *www.theict.com ).  I tried to register on
their forums but my account wouldn't activate.  I'm not positive if these
guys are the actual culprits, however, they are apparently coming out with
ton of hacks.

Valve, are you aware of this exploit?  Have any of you guys experienced a
similar problem on your CS:S servers?  If so, do you have any suggestions
on
how to get around it?

Regards,

Aaron Matthews