Looks like the hackers are winning

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott Tuttle
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:51 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds] Could not establish connection to Steam servers

Is valve aware that servers randomly drop from secure to insecure?  If
they are aware, can they tell us when they will fix it?  I have done
everything necessary to enable vac secure stats including adding sport
to my startup.  I run 13 servers and each server gets its own port 27015
and as such they get their own ip address as well.  In this case I
should not have to specify sport but I do anyways.

I know people say that we have no right to complain about problems
because we dont pay extra to Valve each month.  I could agree with this
if these updates were not forced upon us.  With no way to roll back or
us an older version of the servers we are at Valves mercy.  Because of
the fact that these updates are forced, I believe Valve should more
carefully test their updates.  They need to allow people to beta test
the updates but also allow them to use an update flag to roll back to
the last offical update if they do have problems.