-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sabrina Perron
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:09 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds] HLTV "-Port" Bug (really Odd and Need Help !)

Hi,
At my school we have a LAN Center where we used to host HLTV proxies
that we connect to gaming servers to spectate matches and record
demos. We use the HLTV.exe program in the "dedicated Server" folder of
a Steam account.

We usually host around 5 HLTVs of 32 slots (50 % of the connection
bandwidth) and each HLTV has its own port (we use the command line
-port xxxx to attribute the ports).

we recently changed our broken Router to a new one : DLink DI-784

and a really odd problem occures now.
When We start our HLTVs on Windows XP (SP1), with in the shortcut
"-port 1337" (for exemple), the HLTV status command (in the HLTV
console) gives us this information :

Local IP 192.168.0.101:1337

but if we go in the Counter-Strike Server and hit "status", the port
has magicly changed... beside of being Ip:1337, it is IP:60302

* if we change the -port to "21337", the external port becomes "60548"

* if we do not attribute a port and leave it default (27020), it gives
"60631"

we have tried to reinstall the dedicated server tool via Steam, but
even if everything is on default, the problem persists.

I have contacted many tech support regarding HLTVs (HLTV.net,
HLTV.org, #HLTV in IRC gamesurge, etc.) and no one was able to help me
out in this.

I would like to know if the problem comes from the HLTv, or my Router.
and if there is a way to fix this issue.

Thank you.