-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ook
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:25 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] (no subject)

1) Include a subject when you post to the list, dork.
2) Download this file:

http://storefront.steampowered.com/download/hldsupdatetool.exe

3) Create a directory on your hard drive somewhere, like c:\hlserver
4) Copy this file there
5) Run it as follows:

hldsupdatetool -command update -game gearbox

Watch what it does when you run it. It might update itself and exit. If it
doesn't spend a while downloading a whole bunch of files, then run it again.

6) Download http://www.deadice.us/predator/ook_fun.bsp. Put it in the
gearbox/maps directory.

7) Look in the gearbox directory at server.cfg and autoexec.cfg. Don't screw
with anything you don't understand. You probalby want to change at least
these:

In autoexec.cfg
hostname "This is a noobie server"
maxplayers 6
map ook_fun

8) Forward port 27015 to the computer running the server.

9) Start server by creating a shortcut. Command line should be:

c:\hlserver\hlds.exe -game gearbox

That gets it going, though you still have some work to do. I expect you will
get several answers to your question, so do what I and others suggest, and
let us know what happens.