At 02:15 PM 1/16/2006 +0100, Saint K. wrote:
>Currently we have to reset our servers multiple times a day because they are
>losing VAC. [...]
>We need VAC fixed asap as this is getting out of controle!!

        I run both Linux and Windows servers, and hence subscribe
to both lists.  In the Linux list you'll see posted logfile exerpts,
error messages, core dumps, stuff the dev team can use to fix a
problem.  You'll also see troubleshooting steps taken, various
library versions that Source depends upon, etc...

        In the windows list you see "Fix this."

        I suspect the problem has been so long in the offering
because Valve can't reliably reproduce it.  Help them.  They're
a small team, why not put the event logs and any Dr. Watson's and
server logfiles on a webserver and help them out by providing the
information they need to start working the problem?

        "Fix this" leaves a lot of leeway in isolating the problem.
Without repeatable results, Valve would have to guess at the cause
and risk ruining all servers with their attempted fix.  I don't
think any of us want to go down that road.

                - Dan

* Dan Sorenson      DoD #1066      A.H.M.C. #35     [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vikings?  There ain't no vikings here.  Just us honest farmers.   *
* The town was burning, the villagers were dead.  They didn't need  *
* those sheep anyway.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.   *