From: "Whisper"
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:18 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds] RE: Servers losing VAC, gettin beyond a joke...

A watched VAC enabled server never goes insecure :(

On 1/20/06, Ian mu wrote:

Have this mainly on windows (pretty sure we've had it on linux as well,
just
less css servers on it).

Notice it more on a restart, server starts up, goes secure for a few
secs,
then message unable to contact (steam/valve/auth servers whatever it is),
then goes secure 0. Normally on another restart its the same for me, but
after a few variations in time on restart it ends up fine. It's different
servers each time and different boxes, so no specifics and I doubt config
etc.

Maybe there's just too much traffic hitting certain boxes at certain
times
and it times out or something? If there's a pool, can it try one server,
if
no response try a different one or something ? Thats the way it feels
anyway.