> > Can I also use to thwart crappy cvar blocking plugins?
>
> Such as?

Er... 'Cvarblock' :) - http://justbi0.de/cb/

As such, I don't mind servers blocking certain cvars, but the problem
with Cvarblock is that the blocks remain *after* I disconnect from the
server and I have to restart the game to restore my control. In
addition, It blocks some pointless (if only to annoy) cvars like
'net_graph'.

Really, I'd rather servers left client side cvars alone, and leave
Valve to prevent any exploits that occur as a result of cvars. As some
may know, Valve has fixed/prevent some exploits with certain 'mat_'
cvars in the recent CS:S update; this is good and should hopefully
diminish or completely remove the need for plugins like Cvarblock