Ok - thanks guys....

The calculations all seemed a bit out of whack and I thought human
reaction time was a damn site quicker than 1 second, but not something I
know a great deal about, so thought I would ask the question.

I hope you don't mind I quoted your responses in a reply.  I did not
edit them (other than to remove that Deadman called the poster clueless
- diplomacy and all that ;) )

Regards

Stephen
PS. Hmm... It posted as Guest... didn't realise I wasn't logged in and
my registration hadn't been authorised. Oh well...

Whisper wrote:
There is nothing wrong with a reaction time based analysis.

A human would be random, aimbots would tend to be the opposite.

But you would need a large data sample to be sure you were not generating a
false positive.

100ms is generally considered the limit for human reflexes. It is what gets
100 meter sprinters and F1 drivers pinged for jumping the start if they
react faster than that, but as has been said several times, they do not get
the benefit of sound or visual (shadows, gun barrels, muzzle flashes etc.)
cues.

Hell, in a war in certain spots, I will just sit there tap tapping a colt
into a choke point. Nuke Ramps into Radio Room, Outside Bomb train to little
Ladder room etc.