I totally agree with Rayne.I've been running servers since 1.3.I now have cs
1.6 in acouple different flavors and a CS:S server.I used to run a CSDM
server also.Seems here lately that VALVe is busy with other things and this
happens here and there.I don't think it is because they are neglecting(sp)
us,they just don't keep the people,who keep all the servers for their
game,in the loop.I for one would like at least a weekly update on whats
being worked on such as a list of bugs still being worked on,an estimation
or ruff guess on how far along the next patch is about to come out ect.Also
when you do get something solved tell us and let us know it will be in the
next patch.Also another HUGE help would be if you could gather up acouple
Server Admins from across the community to test the updates BEFORE you
release them over a major holiday and you know you won't be back.I wasn't
effected by it as I'm not on linux but I can imagine the frustration several
operators went through.Theres basically 2 major issues I see with VALVe vs.
any other companies.#1 not enough communication of issues and resolves.#2
making sure 95-99% of what you work on works right on as many different
flavors of os's and systems BEFORE you release the update.I think this would
calm this list down a great bit with just those two things incorporated into
your daily/weekly cycle.

It seems everyday that what happened to EA is about to happen to VALVe.At
least EA woke up after they saw most of the servers with some quality going
offline.But I dunno.

This is not directed at Alfred as he is just one person in a pool of many
people at VALVe.But I would like to see more than just Alfred jump on the
list from time to time and answer questions and provide some input.Show the
community you do care about our servers and our quality of
services,especially for the GSP's out there that get hit when they have to
tell their customers "Whenever its done" .Thanks thats my rant for the
month.

On topic.Between all the servers I run,they are all on different -sport's
and different ip's running off multiple nics.And all are scheduled to
restart anywhere between 5am and 7:30 am.And they all at random times and
restarts don't pick up the vac modules.After a restart they do pick them
up.I used gamepanel for my stop,start,restart and batch files for my  hard
restarts.

Dual 3.06 Xeon's
2 gigs of Ram
100Mbit Connection