From: "irv carlson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds] The Famous "Your Map de_dust differs from the server"
ERROR.
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:59:29 +0000

The Famous "Your Map de_dust differs from the server" ERROR.
It happens with all stock or at one time or another any custom map we run
in
no recognizable pattern.

We have had this annoying problem for a long long time on 2 1U boxs we use
to run CSS, DOD and CS servers on. I do not know if its a Steam issue or a
OS issue of some sort. This has nothing to do with the client side files,
FTP programs or the Bz2 files hosted for downloading on a separate website
so please do not even bring it up.
We have a fresh install of Server 2000 as a set of new HD`s were just
added.
All the server files were downloaded directly from Steam with the
hldsupdatetool and a NEW "STOCK" Source server was setup and running. There
was no FTP program installed or used for these files.
We decide to test the server with the stock install as we hoped we had
corrected the issue on this box, but it was not running more than 5 hours
when we started getting "Your Map any_stockmap differs from the server" Out
of the 17 Stock maps 8 of them were then updated by hldsupdatetool with
"update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir D:\CSS\AnB -verify_all -retry"
command to fix the problem as we have done this so many times before.
On Custom Map differs we delete and upload to the server again. This can
happen on a daily basis to any maps or just the same one for a while and
some times can go a week or so with out happening.
At about 6:30 pm this evening on the last differ of "de_dust" we deleted a
members client gfc contenet and then updated, connected to the server and
still had a differ problem.
I do not know if it`s an issue with our 1U`s as they were identical up to
the fresh OS install and adding new HD`s to 1 of them.
Both have Dual 2400`s Tyan Mobos, 2 GB ECC ram and run Server 2000
1 has Dual 7200RPM IDE
1 has Dual 10000RPM SATA

I am hoping someone you has had this same problem will be able to provide a
definitive answer for this so I am offering a finders fee of $50.00 dollars
sent via PayPal or Western Union to the first person who supplys me with a
solution on how to fix this very annoying problem. I will consider it
money well spent!

I have gone thru a good number of Search topics to know we are not the only
server with this problem and as I am not a subscriber to the Linux list I
do
not know if they also have "map differs" issue`s. If they do not suffer
from
these same problems a change of OS may have to be considered.
we know it is not client side it is the server changing the files every few
hours i have $6000 in these two boxes please help i thought i would ask the
brains of the operation like i said please help

Ok we thought it was a ram issue not the case we still have the problem
this
is the specs of the APPRO 1U Dual AMD Athlon MP IDE Server
Tyan S2469NG Thunder K7 IDE motherboard
350W PFC Power Supply
8MB Video and Dual NIC (1-10/100 & 1-Gigabit) onboard
64bit/66MHz PCI Riser Included
Dual (2x) AMD Athlon 2400+ MP
2GB (4x512MB) PC2100 Registered ECC DDR RAM
2x Internal Seagate EIDE, 40GB, 7200RPM
Running Server 2000 all updates are up to date
this has been an ongoing problem from day one the stock maps for
DoD,source,CStrike 1.6 the only server that the maps don’t differ is OZ our
last resort is to change the mother board and cpu's that is all that is
left
to change
five of us are trying to fix this problem and we have been at all of the
links you sent me and tryed everything they said and same result