Leave the service in manual mode vs automatic.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam Sando
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:32 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] ogsRcon Beta available for download

I agree with Frazer on this one. When I need to get in to see what my
server is doing, I use RDP. VNC still isn't a true KVM solution, so
instead of adding this on top of Windows, I would prefer to use what's
built in. If you have the money, use a IP based KVM solution :)

In terms of ogsRCON, this app is simply a way to admin your server
remotely WITHOUT having to use either RDP or VNC (or any alternative).

The below is what I schedule to run at 4am every morning to perform the
HLDS Update Tool:
@echo off
d:\scripts\ogsRCon 202.58.54.105 27015 <pwd> "quit" 2 net stop "POON
SRCDS"
start /WAIT d:\hlds\hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike
Source" -dir d:\hlds sleep 120 net start "POON SRCDS"

I've tried a few combinations of stop/starting the server, and this
seems to work the best. My only problem, is that if I omit the sleep
statement in the batch file, The SRCDS service tries to start back up
half-way through the hldsupdatetool running. Even if I remove the
'start' command, it still does it.

If anyone has any suggestions to fix this, then that would be greatly
appreciated. I think I may have to code it in vbscript and just leave it
at that.

Adam