From: "Ilya Oboznyy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds] getting 1000fps on HLDS (about timers)

im speaking about HLDS and im sure that i need 1000fps

2006/2/15, Whisper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

512fps is fine for SRCDS because you only have to have enough I/O to
support
the tickrate for the amount of players you have. (Does that make
sense?)

For HLDS FPS =  I/O = Tickrate so the higher the better to reduce
calculation latency, which is unavoidable in SRCDS.