At 05:26 PM 2/15/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>thanks for the input I have tired that alread.
>write-proctecting stills Gives us map differs after a fresh install.

        You need to start isolating things to 1 or 2 known areas
and then expand, a process of integration rather than elimination.
Install source and then move the server to a private lan.  Put a
game box on that lan.  Play in LAN mode a while, see if you get the
error.  If so, it's hardware or a rogue program.  If not, let's go
internet.  Same thing but now we're hitting Valve content servers.
I'd use a cheap NAT router for this, and still play in LAN mode.

        Eventually you're going to find where it breaks.  At that
point you've eliminated everything but the last change you made.

        Good luck.  It's a long process, but it works.

                - Dan

* Dan Sorenson      DoD #1066      A.H.M.C. #35     [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vikings?  There ain't no vikings here.  Just us honest farmers.   *
* The town was burning, the villagers were dead.  They didn't need  *
* those sheep anyway.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.   *