Subject: [hlds] Bzip maps+resources on Windows server
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:17:25 +1030
From: "Adam Sando" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>

Hi guys,

I've read some sites and articles about how you can bZip a map up to
make the download process for end users a lot quicker. I have followed a
series of guides on how to do this, however whenever I try to connect to
my server when it has a bzipped map, it doesn't seem to work and just
spits out some error to the client about the map file not being found (I
don't have the exact error as I was getting a friend to test for me).

Does anyone know any good places for guides on how to set this up, as I
am trying to cut down on bandwidth, as well as speed up the map/resource
download process for my users.

Do I need to bzip every single file separately? Can I bZip everything up
into a single archive?
How do I have to configure sv_downloadURL to point to the files?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Regards,
Adam